Saturday, April 19, 2008

Traditional Indonesia Layer Cake


In Indonesia, we called it 'Kue Lapis', there are 2 kind of 'Kue Lapis', one made from white sticky rice flour ('tepung ketan') and the other made from rice fluor ('tepung beras').


Tomorrow is Nanny 71th birthday and also celebration of her granddaughter birth, Iona Hanaya Ujung (like Japanese name ;)


I wanted to make a traditional Indonesian cake, so I made that kue lapis. I didn't have rice fluor and didn't have mood to go to supermarket. Then I decided to grind some rice. I did it for 2 hours, because my grinder maschine became very hot, so I had to leave it off several time. Made this traditional cake really had to be patient, I steamed it layer by layer, each layer need 10 minutes to steamed. I took 3 hours for steamed it. I have to used timer to remind me.
I used fresh coconut milk, non instant one that easy to find in supermarket. And also I used pandan leave that I took from our garden.

So this cake made from fresh ingredient, without addtional artificial. You can make this sometime. Really delicious...

No comments: